Netflix is one of the famous streaming application which has many emphases over various devices. This helps you to stream any film or web series on Netflix.
However, it can also lead to different errors occur. For instance, numerous users encounter the error of m7353-5101 while watching any video on the platform. The error m7353-5101 which occurs on Netflix is well-known for users on their PC.
Whenever the error happens, it is usually followed by the message “Whoops, something went wrong…Unexpected Error. There was an unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again.” This fault generally occurs when we try to use Netflix on the browser.
This particular Netflix error m7353 on Windows 10 happens as a consequence of an extension on the browser. This extension might block the Netflix service from functioning properly.
Methods to Fix the Netflix Error Code M7353-5101
Here we will try to explain few methods to fix the issue.
Method 1: Turn off Browser Extensions
If you are employing Chrome to watch videos on Netflix, you need to disable complete browser extensions or add-ons. After that, you may get the problem solved.
To switch off Chrome’s extensions to avoid issues related to Netflix:
1. Typewrite chrome://extensions/ in Chrome’s Address bar and hit Enter button.
2. Next, snap on the blue switch buttons that appear on every extension box to disable them.
3. If any particular extension is creating frequent troubles, remove it from Chrome Extensions.
If your default browser is Firefox, then follow the below steps.
1. Go to the menu option, which is present on the right side top corner of the Firefox browser.
2. Now, go to the option ad-on. There appears a list of your browser extensions.
3. Next, snap on the blue switch buttons that appear on every extension box to disable them.
Method 2: Clear your Browser’s Cookies
Sometimes you need to clear your browser cache data which might contain some malicious files responsible for the error Code M7353-5101.
To clear the cache data of the Chrome browser follow the instructions below.
1. In the Chrome browser, hit the buttons Ctrl + Shift + Del hotkey simultaneously.
2. Now, choose the All-Time option in the time range menu.
3. Pick the option Cookies and Cached data options.
4. Again click the Clear data key.
For the Firefox browser below steps are used to clear cookies.
1. Type about:preferences#privacy in Firefox’browser address bar and hit the enter button.
2. Now click on the Clear Data option.
3. Choose the Cookies and Cached Web Content checkboxes and next click on the clear choice.
Method 3. Turn off Third-Party Antivirus Software
If your PC contains third-party antivirus software, then it’s probably the reason for the error code: m7353-5101 to occur. Antivirus software is an essential means to assure PC security. However, a few applications may not work correctly due to antivirus software present on your PC.
This may take some time responsible for the Netflix error M7353. In such situations, we need to disable the third-party antivirus of your PC. You can find the antivirus disable the option in the settings of your Windows.
Method 4. Disable Proxy Server
1. Contend to disable the Use a proxy server option if it is enabled in your PC. Hold the Windows key + R hotkey simultaneously to Run the accessory.
2. Type inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog box. After that, hit the Enter button.
3. Now, click on the Internet Properties window that opens and then go to Connections Tab.
4. In Connections Tab, click on the LAN settings option. Open the appeared Window directly.
5. In the appeared Window uncheck the option Use a Proxy Server.
6. Finally, hit the OK button and then apply the changes you made.
Method 5: Update Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module
The Chrome browser has a Widevine Content Decryption Module. This Module is to be updated to rectify the error of Netflix M7353-5101.
1. To Update the Module, type chrome://components/ in Chrome’s Address bar and hit the enter button.
2. Next, click on the Check for update button for Widevine Content Decryption Module.
3. Now, Restart Google Chrome on your PC if Content Decryption Module completed its update.
4. However, you can also update Chrome to Update the given Module. Type chrome://settings/help in the Chrome’s Address bar, and hit the Enter button.
5. Finally, click on the Relaunch option if Chrome updates.
Method 6: Update Windows 10
Sometimes we need to update our device’s OS to avoid any errors. Due to the oldest versions, the applications may not function properly. So, it seems to be essential to Update the PC. Verify that your Operating System Windows 10 is sufficiently updated.
1. Press the keys Windows key + S hotkey to initiate the Netflix search service.
2. Type updates in the search bar. After that click on Check for updates.
3. Patch updates will be shown on the screen.
4. If it shows there is an update then download and install the latest version of the Windows 10 Operating System.
Method 7: Don’t Utilize Secondary Displays
If you employed dual monitors, then disconnect the auxiliary monitor.
Next attempt operating on Netflix again in absence of a secondary monitor. After detaching the secondary display if you are able to watch videos on Netflix then it is probably the fault of the secondary display. That means it doesn’t support HDCP.
The M7353-5101 error of Netflix occurs due to the obstacle with your browser. You might be needed to restart your computer then clear Netflix cookies in the browser and finally disable Chrome extensions. It may solve the issue to some extent.
Another possibility is that you can use another browser to watch Netflix videos if there is a problem with the current browser. If all methods fail to operate, then you need to contact customer service for further services.